Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Oleg and I wonder what we should do with the fact that the FOP servlet
exists in docs/examples/embedding and contrib/servlet. Joerg seems to
have some ideas about this, so I hope he tells us when he's back from
holidays. But the other's opinion is also wanted here. IMO the servlet
should always be built from the sources now in contrib. The
docs/examples/embedding stuff should be deleted. Joerg thinks
differently, I think.
The question is actually whether contrib/servlet stuff is included into the distribution. If so, I don't see any reason to duplicate java code and war.
Just need to change documentation and probably leave explanatory readme file in the examples/embedding directory.
If not, the duplication seems reasonable.
Looking to the archive [1] I see Joerg said "Contrib/servlet is not distributed, instead, the Java source and a war file is in docs/examples/embedding." I believe we should wait till Joerg is back to clarify that.

I've started a "How to use FOP in Java/Usage patterns" tutorial
yesterday. When finished it will consist of some Java sources, a few XML
files (XMLs, FOs, XSLTs) and documentation in XML format.
That's great.

IMO the following things should be done:
- move the hyph directory to src/hyph
+1
- move the FO schema to src/foschema
-1 Is it really source? I believe that's more documentation/test stuff.

- move src/org to src/java/org
This can confuse people, as it may look like java.org.* packages. Such ones do exist and are reserved to SUN afair.

- move contrib/servlet to examples/servlet
- move contrib/plan to examples/plan
- move contrib/mathml to examples/mathml
+1

- move conf to src/conf
-1 it's not a source actually.

- remove docs/examples/embedding
- move docs/examples to examples/fo
+1
- place the tutorial in examples/tutorial or tutorial (don't know yet)
docs/tutorial ?

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=103196215022751&w=2
--
Oleg Tkachenko