Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
Peter B. West wrote:

I would encourage Oleg to bring this functionality into HEAD. If it already exists in Oleg's working copy of the maint branch (for reasons which have frequently been canvassed here), I think it would be churlish of us to deny access to our faithful band of users.
May be, but as I said it's neither full nor effective and clean support (because I didn't dare to make any significant changes in LineArea addText() code etc) and + I exploited Sun proprietary sun.font.Bidi class, which is substituted by java.text.Bidi in 1.4. And main concern is that we are in the middle of the release candidate testing, so introducing any new potentially buggy functionality is not a good idea.
Oleg,

Yes, of course, it would not go in while we have an RC out there. If you are not happy with the state of the branch code, there's not much point pursuing it.

Peter
--
Peter B. West [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"