Jeremias,

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
As Jörg said, you have to take JVM startup into account. That makes the
whole thing relatively unpredictable. Measuring times from batch files
is ok to get a general idea but not for investigating details. For that
you have to write a Java program and execute the transformations several
times to make sure all classes are loaded (a lengthy process) and the
JVM had a chance to compile some Java code into machine code for faster
execution (HotSpot JIT compiler).