OK, I am ready to jump in & do some work. Sorry for being out of action for
so long. The threads that I would like to complete, or at least resolve,
first, are:

1. Documentation. The main problem here is the web site generation, but it
seemed to me that Peter and some others may have gotten that working. If so,
is the readme doc up-to-date? (The last time I tried to run it, in December,
the generation failed with errors).

2. Fonts. Jeremias & had some brief design conversations a few weeks ago. He
argued for an interface, I argued for a concrete facade implementation. He
is probably getting his doctrine from the "Design Patterns" book, and he is
probably correct. Another principle taught in that book is that inheritance
tends to be overrused, and that is specifically what I am trying to prevent
with my approach. In my mind, there is tension between encapsulation and
inheritance. So, if we can hide all of the implementation details behind the
interface just as well as we can behind a facade, so that layout doesn't
know or care what kind of font it is dealing with, then we are OK. Ideally,
we want to do the same thing for the renderers, if possible.

Victor Mote (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
2025 Eddington Way
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80916
Voice +1 (719) 622-0650