From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 8:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Encryption

Patrick C. Lankswert wrote:
> Thanks... if there are any issues or work that is needed, I'm MORE than
> happy to help.

I got the JDK 1.3 compatibility now.

However, while testing the encryption I'm getting
   "Cannot find any provider supporting RC4"
The JCE doc for JDK1.4 at
  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/security/jce/JCERefGuide.html
does not mention a RC4 implementation (odd).

Well, Mozilla has one, but it requires installing a DLL.
Finally, BouncyCastle has another one, but it seem I can't
get it to work. Do I really have to edit the JRE's java.security
file? I made it writable for Administrator only, for enhanced
security, and there is no su on Win2k. I'm sort of pissed now.
I'll look tomorrow after this (ok it is already tomorrow...)

J.Pietschmann