Hi Jens,

> Hi!
>
> I've got a fo-task for which I need a working
> <fo:inline-container>-object.
> This feature seems not to be implemented in the 0.20.x-version.
>
> I would like to know weather support for this element is planned for the
> coming versions (maintenance or redesigned-branch). Are any milestones
> planned?

In the redesign it is not planned as such but we do want to implement it.

> Would it be possible / difficult to take part in the
> implementation-process myself if no support is planned?

Do you want to get started on implementing it in the redesign?
What we will need is an InlineContainerLayoutManager that returns a single inline
object as with other layout managers such as image. The inline-container area will
have width, height and alignment.

The renderers will need to handle the inline container, this might already be done
but it wouldn't be tested.

Inside the inline container it will need to find all the breaks and then to calculate
the
height. The IPD must be fixed and this will be passed down to the child layout
managers. Once it has all the breaks all it need to do is set the height. When the
areas are added it will get all the child LM's to add there areas from the breaks,
then it will add the inline container to the parent and do the alignment.