Hi Victor,

If I can remember correctly, it was done for a few reasons.
Originally it was using the parent to load properties, it would then store these
properties in variables and pass them to methods when doing layout.
It is possible that the same parent could have more than one FOText child created,
depending on SAX events and other children, this meant that it was reading those
properties and putting them into variables multiple times when only one copy was
needed. The TextInfo class holds this information.
Also now that the layout is done separately it is easier to pass a single object with
all the text information.
The other is to reduce references in the fo tree.

So if possible I would suggest putting the required properties into the TextInfo
class.

Keiron.