I'll mention it to the PMC to see if there is consensus to take it to the Borad. I've been thinking a little about how the "management" structure can become more proactive in what is the essentially reactive environment of Open Source. One way is to try to whip up enthusiasm for projects or extensions to existing projects that the PMC or Board considers necessary for the health of Apache.

Peter

J.Pietschmann wrote:
Peter B. West wrote:

FWIW, I think this and your earlier suggestion along these lines are excellent ideas. Ease of installation and configuration need to be given a high profile in Apache projects. As always, resourcing is the problem.

Thanks. Want to take it to community@ or [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unfortunately,
I can't devote time to sell this to the masses.

-- Peter B. West http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/resume.html