Hi Fopers,

I can understand your requirements, but I would like to know what memory limit you are looking for and what are the filters you two are talking about.

As for me, I have been using FOP for BIG reports (fromm 100 to 2000 pages) with big tables (like you, more than 500 pages long tables).

I have used some iText Features to deal with forward reference (see the list archive for more details) and this has been giving me a nice solution.

I can produce a 1500 pages doc on a simple machine with 256Mo in a few minutes (yes, it swaps) and we use 1 or 2 Go Ram servers for huge documents.

Anyway, we all would welcome some new solution to this problem, but surely you reckon there has been loads of workarounb in this list ?

Can you be more specific about the performance threshold you are looking for ?

Regards

Cyril