From: "Victor Mote" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip/>

So the answer to your second question is that the Visitor doesn't have anything to do with the layout managers, except as a means to an end.

The only downside that I can see is that the abstract FOTreeVisitor needs to
be updated if the super/sub class relationships within the FOTree change.

Hi Victor,

thanks for taking the time to explain, I had a quick look at the code and have a basic understanding of what you've done. That change gets you one step closer to decoupling layout from the FO Tree. I'm interested in what the next step in the effort to decouple layout from the FO Tree will be.

Thanks again,

Chris