From: "Jeremy Nix" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This NullPointerException appears to be coming from with the FOP
internals, but I'm unsure of what the actual cause is.  I was not
receiving this problem until I recently switched from XSLT to XSLTC, and
the problem does not always arise.  I'm caching both my compiled
templates, and my drivers, but the drivers I make sure to reset after
each use.  Just curious if someone else has come across this type of
error:

<snip/>

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.FontSetup.addToResources(FontSetup.java:240) at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.stopRenderer(PDFRenderer.java:249) at org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.stopRenderer(StreamRenderer.java:204) at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endDocument(FOTreeBuilder.java:246)

<snip/>

Sounds like a threading issue. The configuration for FOP is held in static variables. And since its falling over on the font stuff it sounds like the statics are getting corrupted. Possibly by two simultaneous calls to the Options constructor.

You didnt give much info on your environment, are running FOP in a Mulit-threaded environment? What version of FOP you are using. I'm assuming 0.20.5.

Chris

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger