John Austin wrote:
On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 22:36, Peter B. West wrote:

Overnight I ran another test, using xml-fop_20031118231549.tar.gz
and the final summary of the call tree SUGGESTS that things are
better (although the results may be incorrect).

My focus is on performance. I came to the properties discussion from a measurement of program performance. In my experience, measurement is the most reliable approach to optimization.

Entirely understandable. Let me know what conclusions you come to. I will fill you in off-line on the approach I am taking.

My apologies to everyone on the list for the testy tone of my previous posting.