So far I have been playing around like the Neanderthal*
that I am. I use Sun Java 1.4.x with xterm, vi, emacs and
occasionally Jedit when I feel modern urges.

Peter has mentioned Eclipse and I have used VisualAge for
Java, and either NetBeans or the Sun form thereof.

Is there a path to enlightenment (excuse the trollish tone)
therein ? Given that FOP can be installed and started in
TBI (The Bash IDE), are there other graphical IDE's with a
reasonable learning curve ?

I have both Win98 and RH9 available to me. The RH box
has more resources in addition to having the usual Linux
advantages.

* Is that term Politically Correct ?  Would it be offensive to
Europeans ? I myself am descended from Celts and probably
some Angles, Jutes and Saxons. Dunno about Picts.

--
When I showed my mother an Anglican Church with the sign:
"Angle Parking Only", she asked "What about the poor Jutes and Saxons

John Austin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>