It's probably not *yet* time to set 1.4 as the JDK to code against for 1.0, but it probably wouldn't be much of a disaster if we did so either.
By the time 1.0 is release-ready, 90% will either be on 1.4 or will be upgrading to 1.4 along with the upgrade of FOP 0.20.x to 1.0. The remaining 10% can linger on 0.20.x for the few extra months they need. I'm not inclined to recode it (Finn's code anyway ;), and Peter has more important things to focus on as well. Let's concentrate on making that 90% of users overjoyed right now--and the other 10% in a few more months after that. Glen --- "Peter B. West" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Chris Bowditch wrote: > > Glen, > > > > Ive just noticed that the PropertySets class uses > methods on > > java.util.bitset that only exist since JDK 1.4. > Namely: > > > > cardinality > > nextBitSet > > > > So you can no longer build with 1.3 > > > > Chris > > Chris, > > Thanks for pointing this out. I had not noticed > when I was using the > functionality (and very useful functionality it is.) > > Peter > -- > Peter B. West > <http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/resume.html> > __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/