Hi,

I was looking into getting FOP to run with kaffe[1] recently[2][3], and decided to have another look at it today, after gettig maven to run with kaffe. I tried to generate DocBook docuemntation for another package, and the Maven sdocbook plugin insisted on fetching jimi.jar from Sun.

So I'm wondering whether there is any need for JIMI any more in current FOP CVS sources, i.e. if PNG image handling is now being done within FOP internally?

If that's not the case, would it be possible to use the LGPLd code from http://catcode.com/pngencoder/ and http://www.sixlegs.com/software/png/ for the job, and dropping the dependency on JIMI completely?

If this is a FAQ, I'm sorry for wasting your time, I couldn't find an answer in the FAQs ...

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] A free software runtime for java programs, see http://www.kaffe.org
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg04038.html