Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Damn, you're right. I wonder why we haven't made use of this, yet. BTW,
is this code from JAI (like the classes Oleg Tkachenko uses in his TIFF
renderer) or is this separately developed code (ASF origin)?

This was contributed by Sun and is I believe the code came from JAI (great group of guys). There have been some bug fixes/improvements since then but it is basically that code.

You know that there's a number of people who would actually be
interested in creating/having a BSD-style image (codec) library?

Sure, but given imageio does it make sense to put a lot of effort into an independent codec library? If I were going to create a codec library I would create one that plugged into image-io.

I think that should be one of the packages that should be separated out, when FOP and Batik get closer together.

This probably makes sense.