(Resending to FOP-DEV list...)

Please take a look at my most recent changes
today--comments welcome.

In short, for the images package, as well as for
transcoder work, I don't care much about the UA
anymore.  I switched the signatures in question to
just request a logger instead, because that is the
only thing the image package's methods are doing with
FOUserAgent parameter anyway.  (Your package creates a
temporary ConsoleLogger instead of passing in
NULL--but I think I should update the package to be
able to handle a NULL parameter by not logging
anything at all.  Comments again welcome.)

There's a few more trivial FOUserAgent->Logger
conversions needed in the images package, but I'm
awaiting more comments before proceeding.

We can discuss the other issue in your original email
after this one.

Thanks,
Glen