To clear that up a bit further:

If you run a document structured like this, but with many more
page-sequences, through HEAD, the whole document will be divided into chunks
of about 60 pages ( +/- the number of lines in the table-body of the TOC ),
and in between you will find the TOC pages themselves.

I must admit: it *does* have a certain logic to it I can appreciate, but it
would somehow seem far from compliant :)

Cheers,

Andreas