Glen,

I see that you have the move to commons-logging.  I was encouraged by
this because of the support for 1.4 logging, which I have started to use
in alt-design.  When I looked at modifying the existing alt-design code
to use common-logging, however, I could find no way to set the logging
level on an existing logger, as there is, e.g., in SimpleLog.  I can
specify a default level in commons-logging.properties (I assume - I
haven't tried it), but if I want to dynamically change the level in
response to the options with the existing implementation, I'm stumped.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Peter