Peter B. West wrote:
Do any of the list denizens have experience with Java font handling and 2D text layout? I'm new to it, and would like to be able to bounce questions off someone further up the food chain, on or off-line.

Peter

My experience has more to do with JRE and FONT handling, rather than what you probably want. Suffice it to say, that when you're doing testing use either IBM JRE 1.3.x+ or Sun JRE 1.4.0_b09+ as the AWT component of earlier versions have significant, sporadic font kerning issues. PDF/Postscript appears to be OK, though.

Web Maestro Clay