Glen Mazza wrote:

> [BTW, I'm considering getting that Digital Typography
> book by Knuth you had mentioned earlier.  Do you
> recommend it?  (I was thinking that given all the time
> I spend on FOP I should start looking a little more at
> the scientific aspects of this work.)]

I think it's very interesting.
It is a collection of essays on various topics, and besides the one about
line breaking (with fabulous features like paragraphs with different sized
lines ...) there is one about bidirectional text, one about fonts ...
It is surely an authoritative source on such matters.

Regards,
    Luca