On 15.02.2005 17:46:54 Glen Mazza wrote:
> --- Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Luca,
> >
> > the reason for the effect you're seeing is the
> > inheritance of
> > start-indent and end-indent. In your exapmle, if you
> > specify a
> > margin-left and margin-right on the
> > simple-page-master, this results
> > (corresponding properties) in a start-indent and
> > end-indent of 50pt each.
>
> Jeremias,
>
> I think I am missing something here.  Margin-left and
> margin-right are different properties from
> start-indent and end-indent, so I'm unsure why
> inheritance between the two would be applicable in
> this case.
>
> How does specifying margin-left = 50pt result in the
> start-indent value being set to 50pt?

First rule in 5.3.2 for FOs that generate reference areas:
start-indent = margin-corresponding + padding-corresponding +
border-corresponding-width.

>  (Corresponding
> properties just map ***-start to ***-left, etc. for an
> otherwise-same-named property so CP don't appear to be
> relevant to this issue.  Does the spec declare
> margin-left and start-indent to be corresponding
> properties?)

Yes, also in 5.3.2:
"There are two more properties, "end-indent" and "start-indent"
(block-level formatting objects) which correspond to the various
absolute "margin" properties.

Jeremias Maerki