bonjour fop-dev's

i've been walking through the rendering process. if i understand it
rightly, an area doesn't records it's absolute position. therefore, we
have to pass the currentIPPosition, currentBPPosition all along during
the rendering process to figure out where to position an area.
what i don't understand: this information (the absolute position of an
area) MUST somehow have been known during the building of the area
tree (otherwise we could'nt know where to break the pages). so my
question: wouldn't it be easier to record the absolute position of an
area during the page-breaking process? or am i missing something?

renaud

PS: the abstract Java2DRenderer sounds like a really good deal to me :)