Go to Windows/Preferences, then Java/Editor, tab "Typing", the activate
"Insert spaces for tabs".

Also, get the Eclipse plug-in for Checkstyle:
http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net/

Helps you keep in line with code conventions. For example, it shows you
any occurence of a tab character in the code base. That's how I find
these so fast.