Chris Bowditch wrote:
Peter B. West wrote:

<snip/>

This is actually a serious, though futile, suggestion.

There are loads of Source Control tools way better than CVS. But we have to rely on a tool that fits within the Apache Infrastructure.

Not true. There were (I don't know the current situation) projects with repositories at Codehaus, because the developers preferred the tools available. The Board *wants* all of the code in Apache repositories, that's all. Note the close personal connection between some Board members and the Subversion project, which is, of course, sourced at ... Tigris.

This is what makes your suggestion futile, not resistence from the committers.

Peter -- Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/> Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/> <http://folio.bkbits.net/>