You state this very simply and clearly here, but it has always struck me
curiously.  There appears to be a gaping hole in the specification that
does not satisfy the need to have content repeat on every page that does
*not* truncate when it does not fit.  The "extent" attribute on all
regions that surround the page explicitly defines the size, but I've
found it interesting that there was not an option to have an "auto"
setting that would resize the region to fit the content.

I first thought that this was a 1.0 thing and that in the next version
it would be addressed, but this comment you made that explicitly says
the desired behavior of static-content is to truncate when it does not
fit and that there are no plans to address it.  Do you or anyone else on
the developer list know of a compelling reason why this is the case?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments
are from Cerner Corporation and are intended
only for the addressee. The information
contained in this message is confidential and
may constitute inside or non-public information
under international, federal, or state
securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the
sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you
may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas
City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.