Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Right now, that last empty block creates a block area that has a BPD of
> 14400. In the end this area should collapse to a BPD of 0 so it doesn't
> affect the page breaking. A footnote like this is a regular work-around
> in 0.20.5 and we should have it working again. Or maybe it's just a
> matter of getting linestacking-strategy right. I haven't investigated
> much, yet. At any rate, this pattern is used to emulate
> page-position="last". You would agree that an empty block should
> collapse to a zero BPD, wouldn't you?

Yes, I agree with you: I'm going to fix this problem as soon as possible.

A related question: if there is a fo:block with linefeed-treatment =
"preserve" and two consecutive linefeeds, what is the expected output?

For example:
<fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve">Text line 1.

Text line 2.</fo:block>

At the moment, there is an empty line between "Text line 1." and "Text
line 2.": should it collapse too? I would say yes, but I'm not sure ...

Regards
    Luca