Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Ahem, switching on my brain now.

Actually, there's no problem with the thing I did. There's no connection
of the margins to borders and padding in simple-page-master. These are
separate features. Still, having border and background on
simple-page-master is not a bad idea.

Switching on my brain too :-)

I saw "margins" in your testcase but I read "borders" ...

WDYT?

I agree with your idea to allow these things (borders, paddings and background) with relaxed validation, and to stop with an error message with strict validation.

I really don't understand why these features were not allowed in the recommendation.

Regards
    Luca