I was looking at issues related to images not being displayed with their
correct resolution. As far as I understand all image formats apart from
GIF (which defaults to 72dpi) do carry resolution information. However,
it only works for JPEG at the moment. I managed to fix it for BMP
images by reading / interpreting the appropriate header fields. TIFF
and PNG are more complicated as the information is buried in the file
so you actually have to load the image to get to the information. Both
TIFF and PNG are currently implemented using BatikImage. However, it
appears that the Batik decoder doesn't make the resolution information
available. At least its not set in BatikImage.loadImage() and I
couldn't find a field in the
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.rendered.CachableRed class which looks
like holding the x and y resolutions.

Any one knows how to get to the resolution settings for the Batik
images?

Thanks

Manuel