On 27.08.2005 23:19:40 Andreas L Delmelle wrote: <snip/> > BTW: since it is my intention to facilitate the job of the layout > package in this matter, I'm considering adding BorderInfo instances > (although I'm not sure where exactly) that keep the resolved info to > use precisely in these layout-specific cases. What I mean is: even if > the FOTree lacks some of the context, there is always the fact that it > is a possibility (however remote) to have a page-break between two body > elements. > We could say: the BorderInfo to use in 95% of the cases is the one that > is immediately available in the element's CommonBorderPaddingBackground > instance, in the other 5% it's another one, available 'over there' > (wherever that is). Layout would then not need to re-evaluate, but pick > up the width from that 'special' BorderInfo instance. > Does this sound like a sane thing?
Remembering your earlier ideas for your approach, I think so, although I must say that I'm not sure if I really understand it. I keep having problems following your ideas sometimes, but that's mostly because I'm not so much the theoretical guy. AFAIK you're trying to move the pre-resolvable pieces into the FO tree while you only do the specialities in the LMs, right? Jeremias Maerki