It's a "NYI" problem. So far only the fixed table layout is implemented.
The spec says to fall back to the automatic table layout when the
inline-progression-dimension is auto. FOP can't do that, yet, so it
simply chooses an available value which is 100% in this case.

This is also a point where "hero" points can earned. :-)