Is the following legal:?

<fo:inline
  border="solid 1pt red"
  border-start-width.conditionality="retain"
  border-end-width.conditionality="retain"
  padding="1pt"
  padding-start.conditionality="retain"
  padding-end.conditionality="retain">

What seems to happen is that for borders it works fine, that is I get 4
solid red 1pt borders with the start and end borders having a conditionality
of "retain". However for padding I get padding before and after with length
1pt but start and end padding have a length of 0pt(!) although their
conditionality is correctly set to "retain".

If the above is legal than something is wrong in the property subsystem with
respect to shorthand length and component specs. If the above is illegal
than I am just lucky that it works for borders.

Manuel