Hi,

The Rec describes the default value for the column-number on table-cells as: "For the first table-cell in a table-row, the current column number is 1..."

My question: is this also true in case there was a row-spanning cell from the previous row that already occupies the first column? IOW: May we assume that in that case, the first "free" column-number may be used (taking into account spans from previous rows)?

It's not all that difficult to track pending row-spans, so we could already take care of that when determining the initial value, and it makes more sense to me to interpret it that way, but just thought I'd ask...

Cheers,