[Manuel]

Inline areas have their own line-height trait which can be different to the line-height on the containing line area / containing block. line-height when specified on an inline fo has a different meaning, i.e. the inline area returned MUST have the exact line-height as specified, while line-height on a block level sets the minimum height for all decendant inline areas. We don't do any of that in the moment. Side note: in layout we don't know any more if a property is inherited or specified on that element, that could be a complication here. Finn, any thoughts on this?

You mean the phrases: "If the property is set on an inline-level element, it specifies ..." is only used when the line-height property is explicitly set on inline-level? If the line-height is inherited then that paragraph isn't operative?

If that is the case, then line-height is the only(?) property that isn't using the specified value. Strange. But is it not a big deal, the inline-level .bind() method will have to check if the line-height is explicit set:

   lineHeightExplicit = pList.getExplicit(PR_LINE_HEIGHT);

which is then non-null is the property is set on the element. However it is a huge deviation from the rest of the properties.

regards,
finn