> Hi people,
>
> Just finished implementing the initial values for the column-number
> property.
> (Subversion still complains about files remaining in conflict, though,
> so I'll have to check those out first. Have to go now, but commit will
> most likely follow tonight...)
>
> All layout tests passed except for one, to which I had to make a slight
> modification.
>
> Test in question: table-cell_various-combinations.xml
> Change made: added 'ends-row="true"' to all the cells
>
> Although I can't find any reference in the Rec that enforces this, it
> seemed to make sense. Initial value for ends-row is 'false', so I take
> this to mean that if one wants one single cell per row, it necessarily
> means that ends-row should be explicitly set to 'true' as well.
>
> Question remains of course:
> Can it be considered an error to have a cell with starts-row="true" if
> there were previous cells, and the preceding cell didn't have
> ends-row="true"? I'm inclined to say yes...
> If so, this should probably be caught as early as possible.

There are no hints in the spec that indicate that the lack of an ends-row
is an error if someone uses starts-row. You can perfectly split a bag
full of cells into tables with only the starts-row or the ends-row
properties. These two properties are simply indicators to the
implementation where to split rows.