On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 01:09 am, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2005, at 17:05, Manuel Mall wrote:
>
> Hi Manuel,
>
> > I just discovered something unusual in the spec. It describes the
> > dominant-baseline property in a number of places as:
> > 'The "dominant-baseline" property is a compound value with three
> > components.'
> > It then goes on and lists the 3 components as
> > "dominant-baseline-identifier", "baseline-table" and
> > "baseline-table font-size" collectively referred to as a
> > "scaled-baseline-table". Or to put it differently - the computed
> > value of the "dominant-baseline" property is a value of type
> > "scaled-baseline-table".
>
> Not exactly. Read 7.13.5:
>
> "The 'dominant-baseline' property is used to determine a
> scaled-baseline-table. A scaled-baseline-table is a compound value
> with three components..."
>
> So, it's not the property itself which is a compound value, but
> rather the property's enum value is used to determine the compound
> value of the scaled-baseline-table.

It also says in 7.13: The primary baseline alignment property is the
"dominant-baseline" property. This property has a compound value with
three components.

And in 5.5.7: The value of this property is a compound value with three
components: a baseline-identifier for the dominant-baseline, a
baseline-table and a baseline-table font-size.

So there is some evidence in the spec that the authors meant that the
computed value of the property is of type "scaled-baseline-table".

<snip/>

> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

Manuel