On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:33 pm, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> On 19.10.2005 03:45:33 Manuel Mall wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:44 am, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
<snip/>

> Still, I get the impression that *-treatment
> are both handled before white-space-collapse.

Yes, linefeed-treatment is definitely a refinement activity (and pretty
simple) and handled before white-space-collapse. But
white-space-treatment is not refinement and this is where we differ (I
think). white-space-treatment clearly depends on the line breaks
generated, that is you cannot do white-space-treatment without having
the line breaks. But we can only generate appropriate line breaks if we
have collapsed the white space before. To me this means, together with
the fact that white-space-collapse is defined on fo's and
white-space-treatment on glyph areas, that white-space-collapse
precedes white-space-treatment.

<snip/>
> Because line-feed-treatment may generate spaces which are not yet
> handled by white-space-treatment but later picked up by
> white-space-collapse. At least that is my take.

See above.

> Anyway, this is like fishing in the dark. I have big trouble (again)
> understanding the spec. Obviously, you found a lot of little details
> that don't really resolve well. All we can do here is make guesses.
> This is really frustrating.

I couldn't agree more!!!!

> Jeremias Maerki

Manuel