Andreas,

firstly a great thanks for looking at this.

I am not going to comment on your comments right now but there is
probably an important clarification required: All my interpretations of
the spec with respect to white space handling are based on the 1.1WD
not the 1.0 spec. The WG has already confirmed that the description of
white space handling in 1.0 is flawed and has rewritten that part in
1.1. As I mentioned before I believe their intention was not to change
the behaviour they wanted to achieve between 1.0 and 1.1 but to
document it more correctly. Therefore I think it is correct and
advisable to refer to 1.1 in this case. Could you please review your
comments under this aspect as I believe that would clarify why I refer
to line breaking vs linefeed, glyph areas vs fo's, etc. below. Which
are some of the items you questioned.

Manuel