On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:27 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> Manuel Mall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/01/2005 04:24:05 AM:
> > On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 01:33 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<snip>
>> Had a look at the Batik code: Same algorithm as Joerg wrote (not
> > surprising as UAX#14 actually contains real C code) very similar
> > data structures internally. Data structures are hard coded and not
> > generated from the Unicode text files.
>
>    I would not think it would be worth the while to parse the Unicode
> files on startup every time (they aren't small).  Passing in the
> table mapping chars to types might be a useful extension (but in
> honesty I doubt .5% of users would ever provide their own, unless the
> code only included say Western Language by default).
Sorry, not very well explained on my part. Joerg's code includes a Java
code generator that builds the tables from the Unicode text files. This
is something that would be done at product build time not each time on
startup. It just makes it easier IMO to maintain the data in sync with
the Unicode standard.

<snip/>

Manuel