On 20.11.2005 11:21:55 Christian Geisert wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki schrieb:
> > Ok, fixed, along with a few other things. Interesting how many little
> > things you can find that delay a release. :-)
> >
> > With the current build in the branch we are able to create the 3
> > distributions that I see are necessary:
> > - Source distribution
> > - Binary distribution for JDK 1.3
> > - Binary distribution for JDK 1.4 and later (containing support for
> > ImageIO)
>
> Ok, so we'll release three distributions? (just to make sure)

Yes. I think they are necessary. To reduce the size of the 1.4 binary
distribution we could think about removing the XML-related JARs. But IMO
they don't hurt.

What I don't get is the reason why you removed the javadocs from the
binary distribution. Users who download the binaries have no way to
build them themselves.

<snip/>