I've reassigned the bug to fop-dev. I wonder what happened here. There's
another issue concerning BugZilla entries: A lot of old issues don't
appear in normal searches anymore even though they are still assigned to
the FOP project. I never went looking deeper why this is so.

I hope I can soon have a look at your patch. ATM, I'm trying hard to
concentrate on what's really on my todo list. I'm so easily distracted
by all the feedback coming in. On one side, it's very good to have it
because it shows me that we're actually more stable than I thought. On
the other side, I can't handle the load alone anymore. I need help.
Looks like I packed my bag too full.