On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:07 pm, Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 11:43:36AM +0800, Manuel Mall wrote:
<snip/>
> The case is contradictory in itself, and quite unique. A nbsp will
> never occur at the end of a line by its very definition, except in
> this case!

Simon,

I don't quite get it what you are trying to say.

<fo:block>&#160;</fo:block>

is perfectly legal and sensible in both XSL-FO (and HTML) and doesn't
that mean a nbsp does occur at the end (and beginning) of a line.

What is contradictory or unique about this?

As far as I understand nbsp is not subject to any whitespace handling,
i.e. it is not collapsed, removed, replaced, .... However it does take
part in justification, word spacing, etc. and therefore needs to be
modelled a glue and not as box.

> Simon

Manuel