thank you for your helpfull feedback

>------- Additional Comments From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  2006-01-03 22:23 -------
>Gerhard,
>
>Thanks for the patch. It looks fine.
>
>I am not quite happy with the fact that checkForcePageCount is called
>by the next page sequence. This is an interaction between page
>sequences, and it is better dealt with by the controlling structure,
>in this case AreaTreeHandler. In other words, I go with your
>suggestion in the second *.

I had better orderd the open questions - so think them numbered:
- 1)
- 2)
  * 2a)
  * 2b)
  * 2c)

ad 1)
If there is no precedence for one of the choices i will change
previousPageSeqLM from public to private as proposed in the question.

ad 2)
I think it is the second "-" what you call the second "*" ?
Because i couldn't think it a good idea to preserve the
PageSequenceLayoutManger at layoutmanger level and call it from area
level, so i think i shall do the changes 2a, 2b and 2c alltogether.
2c is a must anyway.

>I also note that the object that is passed to checkForcePageCount can
>be narrowed down to Numeric nextPageSeq.getInitialPageNumber().

yes

>There is a little error in the last page sequence but one in your demo
>file. It says that next is auto-even, which is not true.

yes
If of any importance i can add a corrected fo to show the possibility
of missing pagenumbers in case of force-page-count="no-force".
Let me know.

thanks
gerhard

--
 .''`.   gerhard oettl   on   Debian/Gnu Linux
: :'  :