Hi Pierre-Henri

Welcome!

If you take on page-number-citation-last, that's fine with me. It's a
very good addition to the page-position="last" feature I managed to
implement this week. The SVGRenderer is actually about the SVG rendering
backend (producing SVG), not anything about external-graphic (consuming
SVG). The SVGRenderer can be implemented in two different ways:
1. As it currently is, i.e. the Renderer implementation directly creates
the necessary SVG elements.
2. Using Batik's SVGGraphics2D (see [1])

The second way much less work because you can mostly reuse existing
components like the Java2DRenderer (which knows how to render to a
Graphics2D instance like SVGGraphics2D provides it. The existing
SVGRenderer is in the src/sandbox directory where it will remain until
it's usable again. The only complication I can imagine is about handling
the slide feature, i.e. putting multiple pages into one SVG file, since
by default, SVG only supports one page. Using the guidelines from SVG
Print [2] could also be an option.

If you need any help or guidance, just ask.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/svggen.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGPrint/