On 09.06.2006 10:31:24 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Hi Jeremias,
>
> I was precisely starting to think about that. It's probably time to ask
> the question I had for a while regarding the patch policy: what I'm
> tempted to do is open just one bugzilla entry which could be entitled
> "GSoC floats", and where I would post all the modifications I will make
> during the summer. I think that should be easier to track so?

That's fine. Another general possibility is to set up a special account
for you with restricted write access to our repository. This has been
done last year for GSoC (with some of those becoming normal committers
afterwards). If everyone thinks that would be a good thing we can go
down that road (Obviously, it's a project decision). I'm also fine just
reviewing and applying your patches as quickly as possible. Normal
committership would also not be far away I guess if we're happy with
what you contribute over time.

> The first patch I'm planning to submit (soon) will mainly contain
> javadoc improvements for the breaking algorithms. Quite unrelated to
> floats implementation, ATM, that's why I'm asking.

Anything that improves the code even if it doesn't add functionality is
welcome. And if it helps you get into the code more quickly, all the
better.

> > don't hesitate to send patches if you want to clean up and better
> > document the code. I've recently wondered if it made sense to split
> > PageBreakingAlgorithm into two classes, for example, a
> > VerticalBreakingAlgorithm (base class and used by static-content and
> > block-container) and a PageBreakingAlgorithm (which adds footnote and
> > before-float functionality). That may make the code clearer.
>
> I'll have a look. It's still a bit early for me to perform cleanups as
> I'm still discovering the code. But I'll think about that eventually.

Good, no hurry. It was just an idea. It's a little strange in
block-container and static-content if you have to deal with variables
for footnote handling.

Ok, I'm signing off for today. The weather is fine, there's a nice
little wind, not too hot. Perfect day to go sailing. :-)