Thank you for the advice.

I will sum this up on the wiki page.

So if I understand correctly we have to support certain values even if they are illegal ?

Patrick

Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Right, but strictly speaking the value "auto" is illegal for
column-width. FOP currently defaults to "proportional-column-width(1)"
if no value is specified.

Another thing we should be careful about is the distinction between the
value set for table-layout and the effective algorithm to be used. If
you specify table-layout="fixed" but without an ipd, the rules for
automatic table layout are activated.