On Aug 3, 2006, at 18:59, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

I went looking and found that the fix is actually very easy: Just make
sure a page-sequences FO children are unreferenced when a page- sequence is done. The PageSequenceLM is properly disposed by the AreaTreeHandler
so at least the LMs were already released properly. So far I haven't
seen any negative side-effects (like NPEs) from that change. Let's keep
a eye on it, though.

Cool! Should really make a difference for the situation in the OP on fop-users. IIRC, the order of magnitude there was several thousands of pages...

Karthik, can you try the latest SVN trunk version, and see if things improve for you? If not, don't hesitate to report back.

Still got a few less important improvements on my list, but deferring the marker-property resolution is still first in line ATM. Funny, didn't seem too difficult at first, until I made the first changes, and got a little more than I bargained for... ;)

Thanks,