On Tuesday 19 December 2006 23:55, Manuel Mall wrote:
<snip/>

> Its looking OK so far and most of the layout engine tests pass.

Just discovered the first instance of an existing testcase which gives a
different result. Under UAX#14 the following text (Note this is plain
text not FO markup!):

text-align="center" .conditionality="retain"
linefeed-treatment="preserve".

which appears in inline_border_padding_conditionality_2.xml has only a
single break opportunity which is before the word linefeed-treatment.
The space between "center" and .conditionality is not a break
opportunity as it is before a punctuation (Rule LB13). In our existing
code this space is a valid break opportunity and under the specific
circumstances this gives a different layout result.

I don't think this is actually a problem but it is a noticeable
difference. It just shows that UAX#14 is designed to break typical
written text and not programming language code which this text snippet
resembles.

<snip/>
> Manuel

Manuel