On 6/29/07, Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 29.06.2007 14:07:51 Pascal Sancho wrote:
> 2/ XSLFO 6.7.9 says that fo:table-row "does not generate any areas".
>
> My question is: how to display row background if there is no area for it?

It's fo:table (6.7.3) that generates the areas for its children. See the
section there:

"The areas generated and returned by the fo:table formatting object have
as children:
• Areas, with only background, corresponding to the table-header, table-footer,
table-body, spanned
columns, columns, and rows.
    The spanned columns (fo:table-column with a "number-columns-spanned"
    value greater than 1) are used
in the same way as the "column groups" in CSS2 for determining the background. ☞
• Areas returned by the fo:table-cell formatting objects."

The above would indicate to me that the linked 'lower-left' version
exhibits how FOP should display table-row backgrounds.

NOTE: In the linked screenshot, the original 'lower-left' quadrant was
moved to the right, as
IMO, it more closely relates to the upper-right quadrant.

Linked table-row graphic:
http://www.ourlil.com/friends/apache/fop/table-row_backgrounds2.png