Hi Andreas,

> Author: adelmelle
> Date: Fri Jul 13 12:21:03 2007
> New Revision: 556112

> Log:
> Addition of a general-purpose int-to-int map to replace Integer-to-Integer
> HashMaps + first usage in TTFFile
>
> Added:
>     xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/util/IntMap.java   (with
> props)

This change makes me a bit uneasy. No doubt that this class is clever
and efficient and working, but that's something more to maintain. By
quickly looking at it I couldn't figure out exactly how it is working,
and this is the kind of code that is very easy to modify in a wrong way.

Granted, it's done, working, and it will probably not change much. But,
well, even if a bit inconvenient and probably not the most efficient,
hashmaps were basically doing the thing.

What I mean is that, well, there are already so many other things to
do... Moreover, before an IntMap makes the difference compared to a
HashMap of Integers regarding performance, there are somewhat bigger
architectural changes to perform ;-)

Ok, I guess the fun you had while writing this class was a big
motivation for the change ;-) Still.

Just a thought,